Wednesday 4 March 2015

Spring cleanin'...gettin' ready to write.

After returning from the magical event at White Rabbit, my brain has been filled with excited noise and new ideas buzzing around.

I am, by nature, an extremely untidy person. Shoes remain where I kicked them off; papers go without filing for months; clothes are unceremoniously shoved in drawers and become a crumpled mess. Basically, I am a tidiness slut - in the original sense of the word, of course.

The only things in any order in my house are my books, films and music - a fact my boyfriend finds equally frustrating and hilarious. As a naturally tidy person, my incapability drives him up the wall. But my books, films and so on; those are perfectly arranged. Alphabetical and chronological to the last detail.

With this is mind, I've been trying to tidy my life up. I've put things away properly, thrown things away and recycled to my heart's content. Items without a home or purpose have been removed from the house, and I've tried to consider each item I am bringing in - even down to the last tin of tomatoes. I've found there's more room for ideas to sweep around in a tidy home. The ideas don't get clogged up in tangled cables, or jumbled up in laundry to be put away. They can flow about and imprint themselves on keyboards and in notebooks.

Spring cleaning is something I never thought I would enjoy. But here we are. The days are getting lighter, more sunshine is pouring through the windows and my brain is pouring onto the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is appreciated!